Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lacing Wheels, part II

So it's time to build up a bike, which means it's time for some wheel design. For the rear, strength is still top priority, but I've heard some good things about a 3-cross drive side, 2-cross on the opposite. Supposedly it might minimize the tension difference between the two sides of the wheel. May as well give it a try...

Rear Wheel:
For the front wheel, I'm not as concerned with strength, so a 32 spoke wheel is in order. Unfortunately the symmetry options aren't quite as nice (no 3 fold symmetries and so on), but if I'm going to build it, it better be something unique. So I did a variation of the front wheel from the Gstar. Giddy up.

Front Wheel:

Still haven't quite figured out the rim-hub combinations yet, but I'm thinking the front hub might be a 32h Surly that I bought with the intention of build it up for another bike (more on my other bikes to follow soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment